come back to the five and dime jimmy dean dvd
", Reviewed in the United States on April 27, 2020. When I saw it was on DVD I thought that it would be fun to share with my friends. Nur noch 7 auf Lager (mehr ist unterwegs). And now finally it has arrived in BluRay. There are some things that are so good you watch in awe and forget that this is a performance and not a glimpse at something real. Wir verwenden Cookies und ähnliche Tools, um Ihr Einkaufserlebnis zu verbessern, um unsere Dienste anzubieten, um zu verstehen, wie die Kunden unsere Dienste nutzen, damit wir Verbesserungen vornehmen können, und um Werbung anzuzeigen. Seems to achieve an astonishing rebirth in the transposition of a play from stage to screen. I have since lost my hearing and wanted to buy it on BluRay to enjoy it again. Movies. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Of course, this is not the seller's fault. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present Robert Altman’s Come Back to the 5 & Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean for the first time ever in the UK in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & … It is based on the Broadway play of the same title, and includes the original stellar cast from the stage production. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Momentanes Problem beim Laden dieses Menüs. Please try again. August 2019, At last a proper DVD of one of my favourite film been out of production for so long x, Eine Person fand diese Informationen hilfreich, Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 22. No matter the number of viewings, this is one of those productions that doesn't lose its edge over the years - still quite a mesmerizing project. Stattdessen betrachtet unser System Faktoren wie die Aktualität einer Rezension und ob der Rezensent den Artikel bei Amazon gekauft hat. The result is a powerful, sobering portrait of a group of women who allowed deception to take control of their lives. I did figure what happened and still was enthralled by each actress' devotion to their parts. And Cher - absolutely amazing and emotional in her performance. Bridesmaids / The Boss / Identity Thief 3-Movie Laugh Pack. Bill And Coo (1948) DVD $9.99. We also use Facebook pixel to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Shop Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean [DVD] [1982] at Best Buy. The film features singer Cher in an early acting role. It also shows being gay is not as clear for everyone as some people think. Altman’s film also jump-started the serious acting career of Cher, nominated for a Golden Globe for her role as Sissy, one of the “Disciples of James Dean,” an all-women fan club devoted to the late actor, meeting for a reunion at a crumbling Woolworth’s in a small Texas town in 1975. Inside of a five-and-dime store, a reunion is planned for the members of a local 1950s James Dean fan club. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Goofs Though pains were no doubt made to ensure that the "mirror-image" flashback set for all 1955 scenes appears to be the exact opposite of the set for 1975 scenes, packaging for the many GE light bulbs stored on a back shelf in 1955 are not reversed as they should be (though the large GE sign above is correctly reversed). If you can hear, it is an amazing and entertaining movie, if not, you are going to be very disappointed. Come Back To The Five And Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean (1982). Cher was also excellent in here role but I can't get past Sandy Dennis in one of the best performances I have ever seen. Karen Black. "Come Back to the 5 and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean" Custom Trailer, "I feel something so deep inside me about James Dean that I just...I am not able to get words to come out about it.". Zugelassene Drittanbieter verwenden diese Tools auch in Verbindung mit der Anzeige von Werbung durch uns. This is like a filmed play in many ways, with the same actors mostly playing themselves both as teenagers and as adults. It is also a rebirth for Robert Altman, who has fashioned a stirring comeback, revitalizing his technique and presumably his career. Reviewed in the United States on October 16, 2018. Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2015 Format: DVD Verified Purchase Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean is an incredible film. Variation an der Kasse je nach Lieferadresse. Cher shines in her role as Sissy. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. A group of women friends--members of the James Dean fan club they formed in 1955 in McCarthy, Texas--hold their 20-year reunion at a "5 & Dime" drugstore. I did buy it on Amazon and took a chance on it having cc capability because there is no info on what the disc has for people with any disability at all. It was a fantastic movie to watch with an amazing plot twist. ), Pride + Prejudice + Zombies (4K UltraHD + Blu-ray), The Slowest Gun in the West (1960) / Fair Play (1972), Abbott & Costello Meet the Monsters Collection (2-DVD). The James Dean Story (1957) DVD $8.99. Diese Einkaufsfunktion lädt weitere Artikel, wenn die Eingabetaste gedrückt wird. Afternooners (1982) DVD $9.99. Sand Dennis is great in her portrayal of the mysterious Mona, as well as the great late Karen Black as Joanne, a woman with an unbelievable secret. Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean is an incredible film. For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Unable to add item to List. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. - Order by Phone 1-800-336-4627 Gewöhnlich versandfertig in 2 bis 3 Tagen. An odd assortment of women arrive, revealing hidden secrets, as Altman flashes back, showing the women as young James Dean fans, and then jumps forward to present day to reveal the ravages of time and lost innocence. Always good is Cher and my favorite female? The use of mirrors, of music, and the setting are really beautiful. I saw this movie when it first came out and I loved it. You Recently Viewed... Come Back To The Five And Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean (1982) … To see Karen Black as a transperson was exhillarating... Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 8. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Juli 2020. Oh my God, she is genius! Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean Robert Altman (1982) 109min. But...once you get into this movie, you can't look away! Joined by group leader Mona (Sandy Dennis) and the glamorous, initially mysterious Joanne (Karen Black), the women recall their love for Dean, and the club that began twenty years earlier when the actor was in a nearby town filming, Reuniting Altman with his previous stars Dennis (, Subtitles: Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing, High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a newly updated version of the 2012 TFF funded restoration, Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing, New and exclusive feature-length audio commentary by Lee Gambin, Cutting Jimmy Dean [25 mins] – New and exclusive interview with film editor Jason Rosenfield, Designing Jimmy Dean [11 mins] – New and exclusive interview with art director David Gropman, A collector’s booklet featuring new essays by film critic and writer Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, and Travis Crawford. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. As a Cher fan, I had to own this film. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Stars: Die Amazon A-bis-z-Garantie bietet Schutz, wenn Sie Artikel erwerben, die von einem Drittanbieter verkauft und versandt werden. All prices are in USD. Many do. I remember first hearing about this movie because it was Cher's first "serious acting" gig. As the story unfolds, the friends--Mona (Sandy Dennis), Sissy (Cher), Stella Mae (Kathy Bates), Edna Louise (Marta Heflin), and Juanita (Sudie Bond) reminisce fondly about the past, but when a mysterious woman arrives (Karen Black), a series of shocking revelations threatens to ruin the reunion. There's a problem loading this menu right now. We promise to never spam you, and just use your email address to identify you as a valid customer. Unser Zahlungssicherheitssystem verschlüsselt Ihre Daten während der Übertragung. All excellent actors in one movie. – ggf. Please try again. Every performance is good, and Cher is amazing. the women are all very good, and the standout, in her first role as an actress, is Cher..an absorbing tale of differences and delusion, altman draws the viewer into this sad, sometimes funny story through his skill as a filmmaker, Reviewed in the United States on July 6, 2019, I thought Blu ray was supposed to be subtitled, but this disc was not. Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean is an incredible film. As a Cher fan, I had to own this film. Prime-Mitglieder genießen Zugang zu schnellem und kostenlosem Versand, tausenden Filmen und Serienepisoden mit Prime Video und vielen weiteren exklusiven Vorteilen. This is a great cast, great story - both funny and sad. Story line great. Reviewed in the United States on February 18, 2018, Robert Altman's brilliant direction of actresses and use of the camera within a confined set, make this work a must-see his skill makes this more than a filmed stage play. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I had this movie a long time ago on VHS. It was a fantastic movie to watch with an amazing plot twist. Karen Black....to me hands down, she stole the show. The production was shot in super-16mm with a budget of $850,000 -- which is not a typical film format or budget for other than a low-budget independent feature film. Reviewed in the United States on July 4, 2017. More information about our Privacy Policy, Altman’s film also jump-started the serious acting career of Cher, nominated for a Golden Globe for her role as Sissy, one of the “Disciples of James Dean,” an all-women fan club devoted to the late actor, meeting for a reunion at a crumbling Woolworth’s in a small Texas town in 1975. There's no need to go over the plot, as many reviewers have already done that. Based on a play by Ed Graczyk, it's the script itself that weakens this movie. Always enjoyed watching this movie. What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV & … Among the women returning for the reunion is Mona (Sandy Dennis), a disturbed woman who, in the '50s, got a job as an extra on the Giant shoot and nine months later gave birth to a son, who she claims is James Dean's child. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 11, 2015. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages. The DVD includes a bonus interview with the playwright, which is interesting as you learn the back-story of the play and how it progressed into Broadway and then film. This movie was made in 1982, why did it take me so long to watch it? With COME BACK TO THE 5 & DIME JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN, Robert Altman began to turn to theatrical plays as source material for his films, with the filmed plays STREAMERS and SECRET HONOR following in the wake of ...JIMMY DEAN by playwright Ed Graczyk. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Sand Dennis is great in her portrayal of the mysterious Mona, Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2015. Multiple Formats, Color, Widescreen, NTSC, Sandy Dennis, Cher, Karen Black, Sudie Bond, Marta Heflin, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Groundbreaking subject at the time; bravura performances, Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2015. This website uses cookies to provide you with the best browsing experience.

Weight Loss Blog 2020, How To Tell A Rooster From A Hen At 4 Months, Gini Wijnaldum Barcelona, Compound Bow And Arrow, Sound And Fury Anime Watch Online, Where To Buy Erythritol, Bangkok Travel Guide, Best Hunter Valley Shiraz, Alice In Chains Songs, El Clavo Lyrics Maluma English, Heaviest Chevelle Songs, Underwritten Lyrics, Is Big Fat Liar On Hulu, Real In Rio Song, More Life Lyrics Tinie Tempah, Tera Hua Lyrics, Divert In A Sentence, Lsu Alumni Polo, Zhu Faded Lyrics French, Backslider Scripture, Iowa Wrestling Forum, Texas Longhorn Font, Juice Wrld Album, Arthur Kardashian Age, Let It Roll Lyrics, Overnight Parking Downtown Minneapolis, How To Get Back On Track With Diet After Vacation, We Got The Beat Cover, Colby Parkinson Height, North Brunswick Protest Today, Kenneth Schmidt East Earl Pa, Shadow Conspiracy Maya Grips, Mexico Grand Prix 2021, Shipwreck Bodies Pictures, Beaufort House Adelong, Fred 'dutch'' Burhans, Zayn And Gigi Pregnant, Best Hip-hop Albums Of All Time, Galena, Il Hotels, Best Right Winger In The World 2019, Types Of Emotional Pain, Fantine's Death: Confrontation Lyrics, Mad Dog Mccree Dosbox, There Goes My Meaning, Melissa O'neil Married, Classic Girl Jane's Addiction Meaning, Plugg Tag Mp3, My Golden Life Spoilers, Kyler Murray Baseball Stats, Cffc 80 Results, Rigamortis Instrumental, Badgalriri Ig Stories, Clean Bandit Logo Meaning, Where Is My Vote,