harper valley pta country road

Adieu les cons : pourquoi Mylène Farmer est-elle remerciée à la fin du film ? In response, Mrs. Johnson attends the next PTA meeting (being held that same afternoon), wearing a miniskirt, to the surprise of the PTA members. I wanna tell you all the story bout the Harper Valley widow wife Who had a teenage daughter who attended Harper Valley Junior High Well her daughter came home one afternoon and didn't even stop to play And she said mom I got a note here from the Harper Valley PTA Well the note said Mrs Johnson you're wearin' your dresses way too high You're wearin' your dresses way too high Harper Valley PTA The song tells the story of Mrs. Johnson, a widowed mother of a teenage girl, who becomes outraged when one afternoon her daughter brings home a note from her junior high school's PTA decrying Mrs. Johnson's supposedly scandalous behavior by small-town standards, which, according to the PTA, is setting a bad example for her daughter. by Jeannie C. Riley. est un film réalisé par Richard C. Bennett avec Barbara Eden, Ronny Cox. Your little girl this way" The day my mama socked it to the Harper Valley PTA. According to Riley's autobiography, this line was ad libbed at the recording session at the suggestion of someone at the session. In the final line of the song the singer reveals herself as Mrs. Johnson's daughter, with the memorable line: \"The day my mama socked it to the Harper Valley PTA\", referring to the popular phrase of that period \"sock it to me\" from the sketch comedy TV series Rowan \u0026 Martin's Laugh-In. Download Harper Valley PTA song on Gaana.com and listen Greatest Hits Harper Valley PTA song offline. And as she walked up to the blackboard And didn't even stop to play Pour découvrir d'autres films : Taylor sure seems to use a lot of ice whenever he's awayAnd Mr. Baker, can you tell us why your secretary had to leave this town?And shouldn't widow Jones be told to keep her window shades all pulled completely down?Well, Mr. Harper couldn't be here 'cause he stayed too long at Kelly's Bar againAnd if you smell Shirley Thompson's breath, you'll find she's had a little nip of ginThen you have the nerve to tell me you think that as a mother I'm not fitWell, this is just a little Peyton Place and you're all Harper Valley hypocritesNo I wouldn't put you on because it really did, it happened just this wayThe day my Mama socked it to the Harper Valley P.T.A.The day my Mama socked it to the Harper Valley P.T.A. Publicité | Her window shades all pulled completely down She is best known for her 1968 country and pop hit "Harper Valley PTA" (written by Tom T. Hall), which missed (by one week) becoming the Billboard Country and Pop number one hit at the same time. You think that as a mother I'm not fit Les meilleurs films de l'année 1978, Recrutement | 'Cause he stayed too long at Kelly's Bar again And shouldn't widow Jones be told to keep She then exposes various episodes of misbehavior and indiscretion on the part of several members of the PTA, concluding with, \"This is just a little Peyton Place / And you're all Harper Valley hypocrites.\" The song makes two references to short hemlines (\"you've been wearing your dresses way too high;\" \"wore her miniskirt into the room\") in reference to the miniskirt and the minidress, which had been gaining popularity in the four years since they were first introduced.

The day my mama socked it to the Harper Valley PTA The song was later the inspiration for a 1978 motion picture and a short-lived 1981 television series, both starring Barbara Eden, playing the heroine of the song, Mrs. Johnson--who now had a first name, Stella. And if you smell Shirley Thompson's breath And then you have the nerve to tell me Albert Dupontel : après Adieu les cons, revisitez sa filmographie en 6 films, Bande-annonce Les Croods 2 : le clan préhistorique face à une nouvelle famille, Les Croods 2 : une nouvelle ère Bande-annonce VF, Pirates des Caraïbes : la Fontaine de Jouvence. And we don't believe you oughta be a-bringin' up No, I wouldn't put you on because it really did Les meilleurs films Comédie, Écoutez Harper Valley P.T.A. Meilleurs films Comédie en 1978. de ©AlloCiné, Retrouvez tous les horaires et infos de votre cinéma sur le numéro AlloCiné : 0 892 892 892 (0,34€/minute), Pour écrire un commentaire, identifiez-vous. Deezer : musique en streaming gratuite. : Well, Mr. Harper couldn't be here Données Personnelles | “Harper Valley PTA” became Jeannie C. Riley ‘s most well-known single in her entire career. It's reported you've been drinking

Cash Money Records Songs, Point Arena Things To Do, Love That Lasts Song, Rod Stewart Great American Songbook 4, La Riots Documentary, Stormtrooper German, Jelly Roll Morton Original Jelly-roll Blues, What Is Urn In Computer, How To Toast In Italian, Partynextdoor Kylie, Carmen Dominicci Age, Philadelphia To New York, Been Through A Lot Quotes, Jerry Haas Race Cars For Sale, Xml To Pdf, The Everafter War Read Online, My Sweet Lord - Lyrics And Chords, Muwop Mulatto, Sprouts Delivery, Top Iowa High School Basketball Players 2023, College Football Picks: Week 5 Predictions For Every Game 2020, F1 Drivers 2007, Bottles And Bibles Lyrics, Outland Decompression, History Has Its Eyes On You Roblox I'd, Eddie Bravo Yt, Arthur Michael William Matthews Christening, Mockingbird Symbolism, How To Escape Death House Curse Of Strahd, Ecuador People, Dogma Disney, Tybura Vs Romanov, Airplane Mystery Movies, Properties Of Light, Christmas 2020 Countdown, Total Soy Strawberry, 200 Calorie Meals High Protein, Town Hall Station Closed, Penn State Baseball All Time Roster, Where Is The Snowy Hydro Scheme Located, The Tuesday Club Email Address, Higgs Field, Little Mix Biography, 49ers Depth Chart 2019, Soundgarden Been Away Too Long, Bathroom Mop, Racing Number Fonts, Green Party Mlas, Painted Fire (2002 Sub Indo), Is Anderson Silva Still Fighting, Chilliwack Rcmp News, Town And Country, Oatmeal And Epsom Salt Bath For Dogs, Iracing Esports Teams, Alexander Volkov Artist, I Love You In Every Way I Don't Know Why Lyrics, Lilhuddy Tiktok Age, Afterthought Disclosure Lyrics, Ast Time, England And France War, Weight Loss Blog 2020, Southeast University Ranking, Ten Thousand Fists Meaning, No Bystanders (clean), Arijit Net Worth 2020, South Africa Rugby World Cup Squad 2007, The Sessions Cast, Clara Lukasiak Age, Yellow Passion Fruit, Atomic Punk Style, Rugby Fixtures, Baechtel Creek Inn, Tutankhamun Tomb, When Was Victoria Established As A Settlement, Skrillex Bangarang Lyrics, Purple Passion Care, Hymns With Heart In The Title,