jayson oweh 40 time
He only played in four games last season — thus maintaining his redshirt — but showed a glimpse of his potential with two sacks and a QB hurry in the win over Kent State. Oweh was a member of Penn State’s 2018 recruiting class and was a four-star prospect. Watching Cosmi play, the part that really stands out is his athleticism. Redshirt freshman Jayson Oweh, who is expected to compete for snaps this fall off the edge, tweeted Wednesday afternoon that he recently clocked a 4.33 time in the 40-yard dash during Nittany Lions' testing, a jaw-dropping number that would put him in the conversation with some of college football's elite players at defensive end. Oweh was clocked at 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash, a freakish time for almost any position, but especially astonishing for a defensive end. He also studied pre-snap reads of plays to better understand when to use each move. The pass rusher clocked in at a blazing 4.33, which is scary good. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-0) @... After letting punter Jordan Berry go before the start of the season, the Pittsburgh Steelers decided maybe he wasn't so bad after all. The Nittany Lions must replace  defensive tackle Kevin Givens and defensive end Shareef Miller — players who combined to total 47 starts, 53 tackles for loss and 27.5 sacks over their careers — but the staff isn't worried about filling those voids. No wonder James Franklin could barely contain himself this spring when the conversation centered around Penn State's defensive line. I try to do it to the best of my ability. It’s easy to see why he’s so confident in that group. "I don't plan on him being better than me in (physical testing) very long," Parsons said. That's something he's trying to do better himself. When Jayson Oweh’s name was called and he stepped to the front of the line in Holuba Hall this spring, it was go-time for the Penn State defensive end. Storylines, questions and predictions: We've got them for Penn State's 2020 football season. "All I'm going to say is, camera angle," Oweh said. Click "Follow" at the top right of our AllPennState page. His voice gets real, real high. All I got to say is I’m glad he’s on my team‍♂️‍♂️ https://t.co/TBF8EUhgzr. He's added 27 pounds over his first year in Penn State's training program and may have gotten even faster. I was trying to get better at that in [California], and I feel like I have.". He's really taken some big steps.". Oweh says that good-natured pressure is particularly beneficial for someone like him. Oweh is still a lanky 6-foot-5 former basketball player growing into his football frame. Things were happening and he would take a snapshot of it instead of just going. "The football coach saw me and begged me to play football and I didn’t really want to. But his season was purposely limited to four games to give him time to grow and learn, all while preserving a year of eligibility. If you haven’t heard much about Penn State edge rusher Jayson Oweh yet, just wait. As a sophomore in the Big Ten, Oweh tallied just five tackles for a loss in 11 games. "And he tore it up. The fact that Oweh ended up one spot ahead of Parsons on the freaks list and ran his 40-yard dash a tenth of a second faster than him didn’t go unnoticed between the pair. Where Jason Oweh excels Athletic ability and size. "That's a thing Micah does well; he's an agility master," Oweh said. You see that a lot in his game and how he makes tackles. When did he start playing football? Quarterbacks are going to have a really difficult time escaping Penn State defensive end Jayson Oweh this fall. "You've got to remember, this is gonna be his fourth year of football. And it seems that Parsons gives him little slack. What happened, and what happens now. But expectations have been big ever since he picked Penn State over Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama and several others — despite his limited football experience. We just push each other just like that. After weeks of investigations by the NFL and the NFL Players Association, the league finally came down with its ruling on the Titans violating COVID-19 procedures. "I'm adding more technique to my rush, having more of a plan, not trying to be one-dimensional and just rushing outside all the time.". In September, before the Big Ten announced its restart, Oweh joined Parsons in California for some concentrated training. It's time to start producing. Check out this scouting report on Oweh from Lions247 analyst Mark Brennan: Oweh is a former high school basketball standout who may be the most impressive pure athlete in the program. Sign up for the Steelers Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Mobile users click the notification bell. He holds the defensive line record for the 40-yard dash (4.45 seconds) and has broad jumped more than 10 feet. With less than a week to the start of the Pittsburgh Steelers season, we decided to look way ahead at a new 2021 mock draft. They hope to patrol the same side of the field in the near future. Game information: What people might not see, Oweh said, is his work ethic, both on and off the field. Pittsburgh has three starters on the offensive line who are free agents at the end of the season. I didn’t like the physicality (of football). "I'm just getting smarter within the game. Obviously, losing Shareef (Miller) is a big loss. Please check your email for a confirmation. If you were to build a d-end, that's what you would want.". He doesn’t play with the power of some of the other top tackles in the draft but his movement skills are elite. "It was never smart for me to do that," Oweh said. It's scary when he comes off that edge. "If he does that, he's going to be a problem for everybody.". Penn State football's first five game times set for 2019 season, with two night games, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Oweh is a crazy athlete, as he runs a 4.33 40-yard dash at 6’5,” 256 lbs. Oweh might have the quickest first step in the draft and his closing speed is legitimately elite coming off the edge at 257 pounds. It’s a freshman thing," defensive tackle Aeneas Hawkins said. And I'm happy about his progress mentally, too. The visit prompted speculation that Oweh might skip whatever season Penn State played. "It’s all finesse. This week the undefeated Steelers travel to Tennessee to take on the undefeated Titans. "I was always going to come back," he said. His explosion doesn’t just show up in workouts either. "Jayson's more like, what’s that thing, an anomaly? Here is everything you need to know so you can watch, listen to or stream this week's Pittsburgh Steelers game. In the four games he played in 2018, Oweh finished with two sacks and four solo tackles. Only now is Oweh beginning to understand the finer points of using his hands as a defensive end. Parsons came to Penn State as a rare 5-star recruit known for his unusual combination of size, strength and speed. ... (five sacks in 2019) has run a jaw-dropping 4.33 40… ", As he talked, Hawkins motioned Oweh over on the Lasch practice field. Mustipher. "And then all of the sudden now you're talking about a guy that's (6-5, 250 pounds) running a 4.42 (40-yard dash)... it's starting to transfer over onto the field. "Even in the weight room. As a result, Oweh expects to be an even better defensive end this year alongside fellow starter Shaka Toney. With or without Parsons, Oweh always was going to be among Penn State's most intriguing defensive players. Running back Journey Brown, meanwhile, tried to find the right word to describe Oweh. ... (Oweh ran a 4.33 40-yard dash in 2019) ... not trying to be one-dimensional and just rushing outside all the time." It's a scary thing.". Quarterback Sean Clifford called Oweh "very, very, very fast," adding that, "it definitely makes me pick up my speed a little bit when he's coming off the edge.". https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/08/steelers-2021-nfl-draft-samuel-cosmi-jayson-oweh/, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger made the decision to take ball on the coin toss, Steelers LB Robert Spillane sells out on huge stop on Derrick Henry, Steelers HC Mike Tomlin on Ben Roethlisberger's late INT: 'We don't live in our fears', Steelers avoid collapse, hold off Titans to stay undefeated, Steelers dominate first half, lead Titans 24-7, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Get the latest Penn State news by joining the community. With the Steelers cap situation, there’s no way all of them return. He might even be the best singer on the team. For perspective, the fastest time for a defensive lineman at the NFL Combine is Mississippi State's Montez Sweat's 4.41, set earlier this year. Wednesday afternoon, Oweh tweeted out the time he recently posted in the 40-yard dash, and it was unbelievably fast. "The way I’m playing the run is way better," Oweh said. The Steelers are used to having big, mauling tackles who are more about power than speed but Cosmi flips that on its head. “You know basketball people," he said. Like a bull-rush move to be more physical, and more consistent footwork to improve his run defense. Back and forth, combat battles.". Though he hasn't tested in the 40-yard dash lately, Oweh said, "I know I'm faster." ", More: Penn State football's first five game times set for 2019 season, with two night games. The Titans’ violations of the COVID-19 protocols included not following distancing and mask regulations and miscommunication on outside workouts. The two have joked about it throughout their time at Penn State. "I feel like I'm very productive. Like you just don’t know how it works?" "He’s that big and runs that fast. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, Tennessee was handed down a whopping $350,000 fine. That's what will make him a player to watch, Oweh said. The Harrisburg native says he constantly pushes Oweh in drills, speed tests and their routine weight lifting sessions.

Snake Farm Ray Wylie Hubbard Meaning, Formula Ford Championship, Rippling Reviews, Funny Country Song Lyrics, White Sangria Recipe With Brandy, Nene Raju Nene Mantri Naa Songs, Mil Jayegi Meaning In Tamil, Disney Easter Bunny, Tastemade Recipes, Darren Wilson Ferguson, Valencia 2015 Squad, Disney World Easter Bunny, Are You Here Plot, Mlb Logo Hat Snapback, Kourtney Kardashian Meal Plan, History Of Men's Underwear, Ole Miss Football 2007, Everybody Knows Spoiler Alert, Which Nfl Player Are You, Wildflower Quotes Tumblr, Boston College Football 2019, Bucktown Apartments For Sale, How To Play Journey To The Center Of Your Mind On Guitar, David Kirsch Trainer, Mahashivratri 2020 August, Ted Nugent Facebook, Selena Gomez - Rare Vinyl Tracklist, Stanford Starting Lineup Basketball, Knox County Elementary Track Meet 2019, Mary Had A Baby Boy Lyrics, Gurney Seeds, Yarrangobilly Caves Self-guided, Zombie Army 4 Review, The Hangover 3 Tamil Dubbed, Wolves Vs Everton Head To Head, Signs Of Fake Love, Chess Board Images, Champions League 2013-14 Results, Youth Basketball Camps In Toledo Ohio, How To Ask A Girl On A First Date, Ryan Bader Vs Jon Jones, Cheryl Ladd Instagram, Red River Valley Song Lyrics, Flowers Kiev Delivery, Little Mix 2021 Tour Dates, Drake One Dance Lyrics, Rutgers Football 2019 Record, Swerve Lyrics Fgl, Gary P Nunn Schedule 2019, Townes Van Zandt Death, Fortress Interlocks Manual, Reason For Daylight Savings, Nürburgring Public Road, Carousel Lyrics, Sophocles Quotes On Love, Sunday In Malayalam, Meaning Of Cartridges In Malayalam, Sangria Recipe White, What Is Diplomacy In International Relations, Mark Moses Net Worth, Bluestar Diner Menu, Keto Recipes For Beginners, Feynman Lectures On Quantum Mechanics Pdf, Hansel North Ayrshire, Italy Rugby Results History, Best Books On Relativity, Fun Boy Three - Our Lips Are Sealed Lyrics, Navy Football Chain, Unscramble 7 Letter Words, Everton - Southampton, Christina Pazsitzky Height, Weight, Read My Lips: No New Taxes Significance, Canoe Boat, 1978 Firebird, The Girl From Ipanema Lyrics English, Mackenna's Gold Full Movie 123movies, This Book Is Not Good For You Pdf, France Ireland Soccer, Hst Time Zone, Pierson Youtube Age, Rhythm Of Life Musical, What Is My Voting District, Srh Vs Mi 2011 Scorecard, 2021 Nebraska Football Schedule, Jennifer Ellison Net Worth, Ab-soul Albums, Fetch Api, Liz Carmouche Spouse, Aftermath 1994 Google Drive, Oklahoma Vs Kansas State Football History, Beauty From Pain Quotes, Martha R Matthews, Bailamos Lyrics Danielle Cohn, Louanne Stephens Birthday,