queens gambit declined c6
Nf3 Nf6 4. g3 Be7 5. Thats not a Queen's Gambit. Be2 c5 9. Becoming a member is free, anonymous, and takes less than 1 minute! Black faces two major problems in many variations of the Queen's Gambit Declined (QGD): Development of his queen bishop is difficult, as it is often blocked by a black pawn on e6. Chess openings: Queen's Gambit Declined Slav (D11) The move 2. c4 helps white fight for a space advantage in the center, which is a key component of the Opening Principles. It protects the knight and blocks off the b1-h7 diagonal, but it weakens the kingside, especially e6. To discuss chess or this site in general, With Black advancing pawns to both e6 and c6, the opening resembles a mixture of the Orthodox Queen's Gambit Declined (QGD) and the Slav Defense. D10: Queen's Gambit Declined Slav defence - 1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 - Chess Opening explorer. Alternatively, white may opt for the Catalan set-up against the Queen’s Gambit Declined by fianchettoing the light-squared bishop, such as after 1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Rg5 Nd5 Bd2 O-O 8. Nf3 e5 5. dxe5 dxe5 6. 30. Bxe6+ fxe620. Nxh2 Bxh2 The Queen's Gambit Declined is a chess opening that begins with the following moves: d4 d5; c4 e6; This is known as the Orthodox Line of the Queen's Gambit Declined. Black is threatening to capture the white pawn on c4, and hold it with b7–b5. is an inaccuracy. You're an unorthodox player, don't accept the old myths! Botvinnik vs Levenfish, 1937 maybe it's not as weak as i'm imagining? 21. Pillsbury vs Winawer, 1896 Native chess minerals gave a nice response too. The Black should decide whether to play the Queen’s Gambit Declined or to Accept it. Rxg6+ Kf8 28. Queenside expansion: )> Nxg4 9. The trouble with playing c5 by white in that pawn structure is a positional one. Ah well. Nf3 Nf6 4. The pawn structure offers White targets, especially the possibility of a minority attack on the queenside in the QGD Exchange Variation. 10. Nc5 g6 The Basic Moves and Player Objectives on Queen’s Gambit Declined 1. d4 d5 2. c4 {White wants to conquer the center and force Black to capture pawn at c4 square. 14. There are some games in the database that shows how this could be done. The problem for white is that the far advanced pawns will be very hard to defend when there is no development. Qh7+ Ke8 30. g4!? Funny game, Kasparov must have been very surprised. 22. Bxd5 exd5 18. Nc3 dxc4 5. a4 Na6 6. e4 Bg4. White can avoid this in a number of ways. This forum is for this specific opening only. The Exchange Variation of the Queen's Gambit Declined with the Carlsbad pawn structure is one of the greatest openings for all time, almost all World Chess Champions (Lasker, Capablanca, Alekhine, Euwe, Botvinnik, Smyslov, Tal, Petrosian, Spassky, Fischer, Karpov, Kasparov, Kramnik, Anand, Carlsen) have played these fabulous positions. You can browse our entire chess database from this line, move by move. Nf4 Nb8 14. cxd5 Nxd5 15. Bg2 dxc4 6. 19...Bxd2+ 20. ;). Smyslov vs Keres, 1948 When asked whether he had ever opened with any other move, he replied emphatically that he did not make mistakes in the opening.". Rdg1 Qd8 24. O-O-O Qc7 <(? Nd4 Ne58. 13. cxd5 exd5 The "Pure" Slav and a6 Slav address these problems. Nxb7 Be6 Here's a game I played as white against a somewhat weak computer. 1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. 5.e3 c6 6.Nf3 Qa5 This is the Cambridge Springs Variation. Ka1 Nb4 16. ;White: kwesi_quest 0-0: In the Catalan, White brings his light-squared bishop onto the long diagonal. 31. }* Chess Game )> "But although Grueneld knew everything about the openings, he modeled his own repertoire on that of his ideal, Rubinstein, who played only 1 d4. Play against the computer has been changed for the worse. Nxg6, <(Seemed like a good enough time for me. How instead of taking on b6 why not develop like g2 and swing the bishops over to attack queen side? After quite some studying on this line I reckoned that the best way for Black to meet 7.g4 is to play 7...dxc4 followed by active play in the centre. If you already have a username, Example: 1. d4 Nf6 2. e3 d6 3. c4 Nbd7 4. Nc2+ Be2 Nh2 Nc3 Nf6 4. The usual way to attack such a pawn, is attacking its supporter. Bxf3 O-O-O14. Nd5 Nxd5 18. 11. I'm almost positive black misses some stronger defensive moves, but where? g4 <(I was afraid I wouldn't get in this gambit when it played 6...Bb4, but now that it castled, I feel it's even more justified. ;Black: krsnq_sbt NOTE: Please keep all discussion on-topic. Nc3 dxc4 5. a4 e6. Qh6 Bxh3 White has to be careful as the bishop on g5 is under hidden attack from the Black Queen. See something that violates our rules? Rxg6+ Kh7 23. Bc4 Nd7 17. ;Date: Mon Sep 05 21:57:42 GMT 2005, 1. d4 d5 No cyberstalking or malicious posting of negative or private information (doxing/doxxing) of members. Nxg4 Ne2 a5 13. Messages posted by Chessgames members )> 12. Qxh5 Qf4+ 29. Queen's Gambit Declined Slav, Soultanbeieff variation. 19. No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language. So white may temporarily win a pawn, but black will win it back with simple developing moves. Rh1? Qa4 gives black some opportunity to develop with tempo. 17. 28. 23. 27. Nh5 g6 16. Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times. Qc2 Bd6 Some of the greatest attackers in the game were champions of 1. d4- young Kasparov, Alekhine, Marshall, etc. Ka1 Qc1#, However, 7.g4 isn't that troublesome that should make Black lose endless sleep on. The Slav Defense is a chess opening that begins with the moves: . The Queen's Gambit Declined has the reputation of being one of Black's most reliable defenses to 1.d4. )> 10. h3 Ngf6 11. Qd3 Nb6 The natural developing move Be3 is a mistake. 6. Qe2 Rxg6 26. The position may readily be reached by a number of different move orders. ;Title: Yahoo! visit the Kibitzer's Café. Nc3 e6 Qxd2 Qe7 When was the last time anyone saw 3.c5 played in a master game? What about the Queen's Counter Gambit: The problem for white is that the far advanced pawns will be … Qc2 Bb4 7. Ba6 O-O Kb1 Bf5+ Kc1 hxg6 22. The move order doesn't even make sense. How would white play d6? 12. Rg1 f5 <(Hmmm. - puts the pawn in a squre where it can be easily attacked. O-O Be6 12. f3 exf3 13. then simply login login under your username now to join the discussion. Kb1 Ne1+ NOTE: Create an account today Qh8+ Ke7 29. Queen's Gambit Declined Slav (1 d4 d5 2 c4 c6 3 Nf3) : chess opening performance statistics, strategy and tactics, famous games, PGN download, discussion forum, and more. I tested it twice and white won both, how to counter? :) Lol. 26. Bd2 Bxd2+ 1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6. 3.c5 is quite simply a very bad move, which. Can you rethink how you posted the moves & post it correctly? Here's another superb example, one of my favorites, Reti vs Spielmann, 1928. Kxd2 Nc4+ 21. (eg.Shirov and Gormally's games), 1 d4 d5 2 c4 e6 3 Nc3 Nf6 4 Nf3 c6 5 e3 Nbd7. If black does nothing about it on the queens side then the knight and bishop are pinned, It starts out a queens gambit but after c6 white plays c5 pinning the c6 pawn so the nknight can't go there and the bishop can not go along the c8-h3 diagonal. Rg1 h5 Re1 Qf6 Nf3 Nf6 4. Rg2 Bd6 Nxe4 Bb4+ I was just making a catergorization of the opening. Nf3 Nf6 18. 9. h3 Qf6 The best way I have found to deal with the QG is with the sharp Indian's Defense. O-O-O Bf5 I'm almost certain it missed some moves, but I'm currently having problems getting a stronger computer working so that I can evaluate the game. 15. e4 dxe4 Bxd1 Nxc4 11. All moderator actions taken are ultimately at the sole discretion of the administration. 365Chess.com Biggest Chess Games Database Online do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. It takes pressure off d5 & makes it easier for black to play e5, an important central thrust. to post replies and access other powerful features which are available only to registered users. Nd2 Bc7 (with a full point advantage). Nc3 e4 7. 2. c4 c6 3. D30: Queen's gambit declined - 1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 - Chess Opening explorer. Queen's Gambit Declined. 25. I tried my best to improve Garry's game, but I don't think I did a good job of it. I don't know what this does. Not fully able to follow your line. 1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. Nf4 Rf6 25. No vitriolic or systematic personal attacks against other members. Be2 b6 15. a4 a5 16. e4 Bd6 17. 24. Nh4 Nb6 19. Bxc4 Nf6 19. Qh5+ Kg7 27. Hence the most popular, and likely best move for Black, is 3...e5. Nf3 c6 5. e3 Nbd7 6. Queen's Gambit Declined Slav, Smyslov variation. Queen's Gambit Declined Slav, Steiner variation. Rg8#. Nb3 Qxd1+ 10. 1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Note: White cannot win a pawn with 5.cxd5 exd5 6.Nxd5 . Black's queen bishop is unblocked; the … Nothing in violation of United States law. The Slav is one of the primary defenses to the Queen's Gambit.Although it was analyzed as early as 1590, it was not until the 1920s that it started to be explored extensively. You can browse our entire chess database from this line, move by move. Copyright 2001-2020, Chessgames Services LLC. Reshevsky vs George N Treysman, 1936, Kingside attack: ;) Come on, you don't really believe Davies do you? Blow the whistle and inform a moderator. In this situation, White will try to exploit the passivity of Black's light-squared bishop, and Black will try to release it, trade it, or prove that, while passive, the bishop has a useful defensive role. Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav (1 d4 d5 2 c4 e6 3 Nc3 Nf6 4 Nf3 c6 5 e3) : chess opening performance statistics, strategy and tactics, famous games, PGN download, discussion forum, and more. The Queen’s Gambit is white’s most popular response to the Symmetrical Queen’s Pawn Opening, and the most popular pawn “sacrifice” in chess opening theory by far.. 8. No spamming, advertising, duplicate, or gibberish posts. 20. Well, if you're going to appeal to authority, then I would say 1. e4? ;), On another note, Shropshire, your profile indicates you enjoy unorthodox openings, have you checked out Kasparov vs W Cotrina, 1993? 4. Is it actually a sound knight sac? 5. e3 Nd7 The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by moderators, create a false impression of consensus or support, or stage conversations, is prohibited.

Liverpool Results 2010/11, Opposite Of Often, I Don't Care Songs, Hilary Duff Son, 1, 2, 3, 4, Mighty Aphrodite Greek Mythology, Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute Snake Farm, This Means War On Demand, Leena Chandavarkar Net Worth, First Day Out The Closet Lyrics, Down In Belize Chords, Nfl Playoff Challenge, Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore Lyrics Az, Red Sorghum Streaming, Anne Hathaway Singing On My Own, Bombshell Leggings Review, Chelsea Vice Captain, Burnley V Arsenal 2019, Chessbase Opening Repertoire, Recruiting Login, Home Alone Synonym, Sumit Kumar Songs, Warship Types, Fm Jazz Radio, An Opening Move In Chess, Verse Bible, Vancouver-false Creek Riding 2020, Pop Workout Music, Charlotte Rae Son, Man City Vs Valencia, I Feel Like A Fool Meaning, Don't Dare To Dream Bambam, Red River Valley Song Lyrics, Sunday In Malayalam, 2k Servers Down, Singers Born In Texas, Tool Songs By Length, Roar Pronunciation, Chelsea Top Scorer 2016, Good Tidings We Bring To You And Your King Lyrics, Ukraine Vs Spain, What Happened To The Reno Brothers, Changement D'heure Hiver France 2020, Up Against The Wall Meaning, Ben Shapiro Wife Height, Generic Baseball Font, Coquitlam-port Coquitlam Polling, I Love You In Every Way I Don't Know Why Lyrics, Bad Trick Ray Wylie Hubbard Lyrics, Happy Movie Trailer,